Friday, October 14, 2011

Roller Coaster

I think the roller coaster is a great picture of life, my life anyway. Maybe I am the only one like this, but there are times that I can't help but rejoice, worship, witness and praise my Lord. Then there are those other times. I feel down, discouraged, stagnant and apathetic. I worry about everything and try to take it all on myself. I wonder why our church isn't growing, why people aren't changing, why preparation is sometimes difficult, why people tell me some things. Why? Why do I do this worrying? I suppose it is like the man said in the New Testament, "Lord, I believe but help thou my unbelief." I know He is my Savior but I suppose at certain times I allow Satan to win the "Joy" battle. I believe in Him and know He is capable of all things, but still I lose focus and forget about the Joy of God.

I wish I could go into the part of my brain that has to do with discouragement and remove it. :) I know this isn't possible but it would be nice. Up for a while and then down for a while gets old! I suppose this makes sense, however, because if we were up and happy all the time then we might not appreciate the blessings and grace of God as we should. Before every mountain there must be a valley!

So...I guess I wanted to whine some. Ha! This is pathetic. I'm going to go do something fun like be happy, talk about Jesus and leave my life, family and ministry results up to my Father!

Later---Preacher out!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Bro. Just to let you know that some one is still out there.

    ReplyDelete